Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Tomb Raider

Last night I managed to catch the movie Tomb Raider on Astro. I was so excited because this movie has scenes shot in Cambodia. I was eager to recognise the places that I have been to. And the movie did not fail me. As all movies are, it wasn't so realistic but the places are as it is. Of course their shots are better than my camera skills. I particularly like the part with the Angkor Wat as the background. They turned the moat surrounding the Angkor Wat into a real village with the people moving around in their boat houses. Something like the floating market.

The movie only showed three of the Angkor temples and these three are my favourites.


Bayon - the place where Lara Croft landed with her jeep when dropped off by a helicopter


Ta Phrom - Lara Croft followed a young girl into this place and then fell deep below the ground

The statues of the creatures (which came alive in the movie) and of Krishna (a Hindu god) with many arms and faces were exactly like the ones I saw in the museum. Well, a little bit fake though in the movie but purpose achieved.


Angkor Wat - Lara Croft meeting the monks here... quite laughable actually.

A piece of advice: When you visit the Angkor temples, spice it up with a dose of creative imagination and the place will take on another meaning. Have fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home